FGS offers a variety of resources to genealogical societies and the genealogical community...
...tap into the FGS network to share your ideas and get inspired!
- FGS Conferences: FGS sponsors a national conference each year for genealogists of all levels of experience. Learn about the upcoming conference as well as future and past conferences.
Stay up-to-date with news about FGS and its member societies.
- FGS Voice Newsletter: This monthly electronic newsletter summarizing recent events is emailed directly to your in-box.
- RPAC: Records Preservation and Access Committee, a joint committee of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the National Genealogical Society, and the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies.
- FGS Discussion Boards (members only): FGS member societies are able to connect with one another through the FGS Discussion Boards to discuss a vareity of topics realting to their societies.
- Society Hall: An extensive directory of FGS member societies and associate members.
...grab the knowledge you need via FGS webinars, strategy papers, and other media!
...build your organization into a valuable and thriving community resource!
- FGS FORUM: FGS publishes FORUM, a quarterly magazine providing current information essential to the informed genealogist.
- FGS Radio: FGS has its own Internet-based radio show - My Society. Learn how you can listen in from your computer and how you can download the podcast recording of past episodes.
- Publications: FGS produces its own series of publications on society management issues and more with a discount for FGS member societies.
- Society Strategy Series: FGS is proud to make the papers in the Society Strategy Series available top the genealogical community. Each FGS Society Strategies Series paper presents a multi-page article offering suggestions and instructions for the management of genealogical societies, historical societies, and family associations. These papers been thoughtfully written and many are timeless classics to help you and your society grow and prosper.
- Webinars: FGS presents monthly webinars dedicated to society management education and offers access to webinar recordings in its Members-Only Area.
- Awards: Each year, FGS recognizes and thanks individuals and organizations who make significant contributions.
- Bylaws Review: FGS will review your organization's bylaws as frequently as you desire, and will be available to answer any questions you might have after a review is completed.
- Newsletter Review: FGS will review your organization's newsletter at any time; this review can be performed regardless of whether the newsletter is printed or in digital format.
- Reach Out Series: FGS offers this innovative series of ways to expand your society's outreach efforts with practical advice and examples.
- Website Review: FGS will review your organization's website and make suggestions for changes in design, layout, format, font use, ease of navigation, effective use of graphics, as well as inclusion of content.